- This event has passed.
15th International Exchange Meeting on Actinide & Fission Product Partitioning & Transmutation (15IEMPT)
30 September 2018 - 3 October 2018
The OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (NEA) is organising the 15th International Exchange Meeting on Actinide and Fission Product Partitioning and Transmutation (15IEMPT). The meeting will be held in Manchester, UK from 30th September to 3rd of October 2018, hosted by National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL).
The purpose of this meeting is to stimulate an exchange of information on recent development on P&T and advanced fuel cycles. The meeting will cover scientific, as well as strategic/policy developments in the field such as:
- national nuclear fuel cycle strategies and scenarios analysis;
- the role of advanced nuclear fuel cycles and P&T and their potential evolution in the future nuclear energy mix;
- impact of P&T and advanced nuclear fuel cycles on geological disposal, economics, safeguards, etc.
- radioactive waste management strategies (including secondary wastes); and advanced waste forms;
- transmutation fuels and targets;
- advances in pyro and aqueous separation processes;
- P&T and advanced fuel cycles specific technology requirements: materials, spallation targets, coolants, etc.;
- transmutation physics, experiments and nuclear data measurements, evaluation and validation;
- transmutation systems (advanced reactors and accelerator-driven systems, etc.): design, flexibility, performance and safety;
- advanced fuels fabrication, handling and transportation;
- multi-physics and multi-scale modelling, simulation, novel theories, benchmark experiments and instrumentation, cost estimation of deploying P&T and advanced fuel cycles.
- innovative utilisations of actinides and fission products.
Programme and Sessions
- International and national programs
- Fuel cycle strategies and scenarios:
- Transmutation sytems
- Modeling and data:
- Advanced fuels for transmutation and multirecycling:
- Advanced nuclear fuel recycling:
- Waste management for future nuclear fuel cycles:
- Innovative utilisations of actinides and fission products:
More information can be found on the following website: https://oecd-nea.org/pt/iempt15/
Abstract submissions now open.
Participants willing to give a presentation should submit an abstract (1 page maximum) by 1 April 2018 (see attached template). Please upload your abstract by completing the Registration form (NB: you will need to login into your NEA account or pre-register if have do not already have an NEA account).
No registration fee will be charged.