Co-organised by the partners of INSPYRE and GENIORS, the first INSPYRE school on Generation IV reactors fuel cycle will take place in Delft (The Netherlands), from 13-17 May 2019.
The school, designed for graduate students, young scientists and professionals, will give a comprehensive overview of the nuclear fuel cycle for next generation fast neutron nuclear reactors. It will cover key aspects of chemistry, physics and materials science involved in each stage of the fuel cycle, with a particular focus on the challenges of oxide fuels.
Courses and tutorials
- Generation IV systems and closed fuel cycle
- Fuel manufacturing and qualification
- Detailed fuel characterization
- Fuel behaviour under irradiation
- Multiscale modelling and fuel performance codes
- Fuel reprocessing and recycling
Registrations will open soon, please come back to this page if you would like to have more details.